You can easily turn your everyday cake mix into a spooky Jack O Lantern creation with the help of Bundt Cake Pans and decorative icing.
Pumpkin Cake Shape
1. Take 3 boxes of your favorite cake mix, and mix according to the package directions.
2. Pour the batter into two bundt cake pans, and bake according to the package directions of your cake mix.
3. Allow the cakes to cool completely and remove from the pan.
Making your Own Orange Pumpkin Frosting
1. While you are waiting for the cakes to cool, empty three cans of vanilla frosting into a mixing bowl. (If you are pretty practiced with cake decorating, 2 cans of frosting may be enough, but three cans of frosting will allow extra to smooth out unevenness, cover fingerprints or fill in holes)
2. Add red and yellow food coloring to the frosting, stirring until the frosting becomes the desired orange color for your pumpkin.
3. Frost the flat side of the bunt cakes, and then stack on top of each other to create your pumpkin shape.
4. Continue to frost the sides of the cake until you have an orange pumpkin.
Jack O Lantern Face
1. You can use black icing to draw your eyes, nose, and a mouth.
Extra Tip: You can also consider decorating a small cupcake with brown or green icing to create the stem of your Jack O Lantern Cake. If you are very practiced in cake decorating, consider some pumpkin vines down the sides and back. Your guests are sure to be impressed!
Jack O Lantern Cake & Cupcake Decorations
Jack O Lantern Monster
Universal Classic Monsters
Popular Halloween CategoriesCrafts
|More Halloween Categories
Baby & Toddler